Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich
This copycat recipe for a Carl's Jr. favorite is even better than the original. This easy weeknight meal is a family favorite.
- 2 Chicken Breasts pounded to half inch thickness
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ C Garlic Hot Sauce
Pound chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Place in a shallow marinating dish and cover with hot sauce. Let marinate at least 1 hour.
Cook marinated chicken on grill over medium heat. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165, about 4 minutes per side.
Mix together all ingredients for adobo mayonnaise and set aside.
Lightly coat inside of burger buns with plain mayonnaise. Place mayo side down in a skillet heated to medium heat. Cook until inside of buns is toasted golden brown.
Assemble the sandwiches. On bottom bun, stack a single piece of iceberg lettuce, a green chili (cut open for more surface area), a cooked chicken breast, a slice of American cheese and a tablespoon of adobo mayonnaise, then top with other half of bun. Enjoy!
- For a more traditional Carl's Jr. flavor, you can substitute Teriyaki Sauce for the Garlic Hot Sauce.
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour and up to overnight for optimal flavor.
- Carl's Jr. uses whole wheat buns for this sandwich, but we really enjoyed Publix baked French Bread style buns.
Calories: 376kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 33gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1240mgPotassium: 581mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 612IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 313mgIron: 2mg