I believe everyone should have access to nutritious and delicious meals, no matter what kind of budget you're on or how much time you have. My recipes are pretty quick to pull off, don't require a ton of kitchen skills, and stay within (or under!) the USDA’s low-cost food plan budget of about $9 per adult per day. Let's get cookin'!
Let's Pretend It's Spring, M-kay?
Y'all, it's still in the 20s and 30s here, but I'm ready for the acid-green brightness of spring's new growth. While I can't say when Punxatawny Phil's prediction will come true, I've decided that here in my kitchen SPRING HAS SPRUNG. (This is a "build it and they will come" strategy. 🤣) If you're with me, check out some of these light and lovely meals that'll help you pretend with me. 😘
- Italian Lemon Cake With Almonds & Ricotta
- Easy Avocado Tartine
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Gouda Cheese Crisps
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Zucchini Linguine with Lemon, Feta, & Mint
- French Cream Cheese Mousse with Amaretto Raspberry Coulis
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Loaf Cake (No Eggs!)
- Easy Chicken Limone (Italian Lemon Chicken)
See more budget-friendly recipes →
Cold Weather Favorites
As we've already discussed, the weather is not cooperating with my warm, sunshiney desires. If you need a little something to warm you up, these are some of my favorite ways to do it:
Food Budgeting Resources
Keeping to a food budget isn't always easy. That's why I try to keep y'all in the know with all my best hard-earned tips and tricks! The posts below are chock-full of information to help keep you well-fed, no matter your budgetary restrictions.
- Food Insecurity - Organizations Working Toward Change
- Don't Buy It, DIY It! 12 Budget-Friendly Breakfast Hacks So You Can Save $$$ and Ditch the Packaging for Good
- Surprising Secrets Revealed: 13+ Unconventional Ways & Places to Slash Your Grocery Bill
- No-Spend January Challenge: Grocery Edition
- 21+ Egg Substitutes & Egg Replacements For Cooking, Baking, Breakfast, & More!
- Dorm Survival 101: Struggle Meals & Musings For Incoming Freshmen
- Made with Love: Thrifty & Thoughtful Homemade Gifts for Every Season
- Top 12 Tips For Hosting The Holidays On A Budget (Without Feeling Stressed)
Easy, Affordable Desserts
As a former pastry professional and self-proclaimed Cookie Monster, dessert is always a favorite of mine. And, since I've run the gamut of different fad diets and have lots of loved ones with food allergies, I have enough recipes here to make sure there's enough for everyone to share, no matter your restrictions.
See more dessert ideas→
I don't have the budget for takeout, but I want to eat delicious things for every single meal. Here are some of my favorite take-out fake-out recipes that are particularly easy on your wallet:
See more budget-friendly recipes →
New & Recently Updated Posts
Here's a combination of my newest content, and older posts that I have recently revised. When my readers ask questions, I do my best to answer them! As a result, some of my posts will be updated periodically to reflect any new information I've gathered for you. I also love trying lots of new recipes, so here's where to find all the bright and shiny ones that make the cut.
Fast & Easy Recipes
Just because you're busy doesn't mean a homemade meal is out of the question. Here are some of my favorite simple dishes to get you fed without any fuss:
Check out more Fast & Easy Recipes→
Whether you need something tasty to bring to your next potluck, or just need a little something extra on the dinner table tonight, my favorite sides will give the main dish a run for its money:
Check out more yummy sides→
Whether you're in need of a super fast pantry meal, show-stopping side, grab-and-go breakfast, or something sweet to help you chillax, these tried and true recipes have you covered. They're what readers currently can't get enough of!